Friday, May 15, 2009

The Joys of Spring

Well, another rainy day here in San Sebastian on Friday - well atleast that's how it started out! We held parent open house at the school and spent most of the afternoon there, but towards the end, the weather cleared up and by time we left at 7 it was sunny! Such bipolar weather. The only nice thing about rain then sun and rain then sun (well besides rainbows, which I don't see here oddly enough) are gorgeous views of the sun trying to break through the clouds.

I heard from a Spanish friend that they have a saying here that goes: 'Hasta el 40 de mayo, no te quites el sayo' - which roughly translates to 'Until the 40th of May, don't put away your long sleeves'. Yes I know, there is no 40th of May haha - but they figured that this crazy weather goes until atleast the 9th of June ha. So true, because this rainy Wintery Spring weather seems to be going on forever!

Saturday was Peni's last day in San Sebastian. Sad! She is moving back to Denmark but has promised to come back for a mini-vacation before I leave Spain. Other than that, nothing too eventful happening on this Saturday afternoon. The sky started out sunny but has gradually been covered with looming clouds that will probably drop thier rain tonight. I think as soon as I leave the house the rain will start - that seems to be my luck lately haha. It's like the Rain Gods of Donosti pay special attention to when I am leaving school or getting off the bus and then say 'buckets, right now, Amanda is outside - buckets of rain!' hahaha.

Nothing special planned for the weekend, maybe watching some movies and catching up on some reading. I hope you are all having a great weekend and having some nice weather wherever you are reading this from!

Besos!
Amanda

No comments: